Marine life is greatly affected by a surplus of un-recycled and dumped plastic bottles. Have a read about how you can effect change for the better by equipping yourself with a water cooler.
FLAKES IN LAKESFrighteningly, there is an increasing amount of microplastics being found in our municipal water and ocean supply. Here’s how it happens:
- People are not recycling their PET plastic bottles as much as they can.
- PET plastic bottles are unable to biodegrade.
- Over time, they break down into smaller and smaller flakes.
- These flakes make their way into lakes, rivers and, ultimately, our oceans.
- Two things then happens:
- Fish and aquatic life mistake these flakes for food and eat them.
- The water flows into our municipal supply and we drink it.