The portion of 100 ml of the Scalex filter media is intended for 20 000 L of water, or 400 washing cycles.
But please be advised that our tap water contains many various contaminants. During its service the filter media is gradually being contaminated by sediments, iron and organic matter, so it stops releasing active components into the water. In other words, there still is active substance in its grains, but it is not being released into the water.
Hence, to keep your washing machine or dishwasher protected from scale at all times, you are recommended to replace the filter media every 6 months.
Filter media replacement manual
- Turn off water supply through the filter and make sure there is no pressure in the housing
- Screw the filter lid off the filter housing
- Put off the mesh on the top covering the filter media
- Remove the filter media remaining in the housing, and wash out its remains from the filter housing
- Pour the new filter media from the container. The container is intended for two replacements of the filter media
- Put the mesh back onto the filter housing, and screw the filter housing back to the filter lid
- Turn on water supply
- The filter is ready for further operation