Before starting the reverse osmosis system the membrane must be pre-prepared, the elements loaded, the instruments calibrated and other system checks.
Avoid any spasmodic changes in pressure or flow within the roll elements during startup, shutdown, rinsing, etc. to avoid possible damage to the membrane. During startup, it is recommended to gradually transfer the system from standstill to operational state as follows:
- The inlet water pressure should be raised gradually within 30-60 seconds.
- The operating flow rate should be achieved gradually over a period of 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained during the first hour of operation is discarded.
- After starting, wetting always keep the elements wet
- To prevent biofouling during long breaks in work it is recommended to immerse the membrane elements in preservative solutions.
- The maximum pressure drop is 2.1 bar.